Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Dogs change your life




Like having children, having a dog changes your life. Before we got a dog I thought the dog would live outside in the disused cubby house, that changed to - in the laundry, that changed to in the kitchen under the table, that changed to on our bed (or daughter's bed).
How I have mellowed!
I have a (one way) conversation with the pup, admire the consistency of his poo before I bag it in the local park, open the back door each morning so he can bark at the passersby on the way to work, give him non-doggy food like cheese and smoked salmon, spell out the word W-A-L-K to the wife so pooch doesn't hear the W-word too soon and get excited.






Speaking of that, it's nearly 9 am in Melbourne so  it's definitely time for his W-A-L-K.


2 comments:

  1. This post resonates with me...I have an 18-month old. Especially the poo bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My how things have changed :-)lol Dogs are awesome

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome. Spam and links will be deleted by administrator.