Pages

Saturday 19 March 2016

The Doctor Blake Mysteries: A new game!




Don't get me wrong, I love the show. The recreation of 1960. The Ballarat locales. The warm characters. But occasionally my mind wanders and I play the "How many lampshades can I spot?" game. You will score big time in Lucien's lounge. I spotted 5 in one shot last night.

Rules are simple:
  • Table lamps, standard lamps, desk lamps are all fair game.
  • You can not reuse lamps used in the same camera shot.
  • Mirror shots don't count.
  • Lamps must be on (which they usually are, even though it's broad daylight outside).

You can see why the art director/set decorator uses so much indirect lighting like lamps and such. They do add to the period ambience. Compare with "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries".  Both great Melbourne-produced shows.

Images Copyright Australian Broadcasting Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Spam and links will be deleted by administrator.